Picking up on the 5 idiosyncracies meme, here are a few of my peculiarities:
1. The distinction between “that” vs. “which” means more to me than it should. I know that these two words have been used interchangeably probably since the time of Shakespeare, but somewhere along the line as an editor, I learned that “that” is inclusive and “which” is not. I am brought up short every time I see them used “incorrectly.”
2. The toilet paper must exit over the top, not from the back. My husband of course puts it on the wrong way.
3. I don’t like to look in reflective surfaces in the dark, particularly mirrors. (Anyone remember “Bloody Mary”?)
4. I am immediately drawn to people with odd-colored hair and multiple piercings.
5. I must have water by my bed at night. No exceptions.