Sunday, June 15, 2008

I fear a worm farm is in my future

The mourning for Wormy continues. I noticed a plump dead worm on the doorstep a few days back. I have to keep telling myself that no, Wormy did not find himself abandoned, get drowned out by rain, and try to crawl his way bag to his pining mistress. Dear Husband tells me that we are getting her another worm. I've been looking up how to make a worm habitat, and it all gives me the heebie jeebies. I mean, ewwww. But it's either that or go out each night to visit the little patch of ground where he was last seen. Today Firecracker dissolved in tears because her playmate had laughed at her for calling Wormy her friend. "He was mmmyy bbbest friend," and she looked up at me with such a heartbroken expression that I almost went teary myself.

On a lighter note, one of my favorite books, Twilight, has been made into a movie and is set to be released in December. After watching the trailer, though, I have my doubts. You can check it out here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1099212/

I was delighted to find that Cirque du Freak is being filmed, and it has a stellar cast, including Willem Dafoe and John C. Reilly. The series is great fun to read--like old fashioned cliff-hangers.

Oh, it's late and I need sleep.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been following the worm story here, but what about, I don't know... a gerbil? Maybe easier to provide the right habitat?

    Although now that I think about my childhood gerbil experiences, things can go wrong there too like the time one was on my shoulder and apparently mistook my earlobe for low-hanging fruit...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul: We have cats, so the options for integrating other pets into the household are small. I'm having a vision of a gerbil in one of those rolling exercise balls. Ah, a new cat toy! Earthworms don't bite, so they do have that advantage. I think she's very apprehensive about her sister being away for several weeks, and she's transferred all that onto Wormy.

    ReplyDelete