Friday, June 16, 2006

RevGal Friday Five: Sleep

1. In what kind of environment do you sleep best? (e.g. amount of light and noise, temperature, number of pillows, breathe-right strip, sleeping in the buff, etc.)  Dark room, although I can nap in a quiet, dim room in the middle of the day. One pillow for my head and one for between my knees (I’m a side sleeper). I like the temperature cool, because I prefer to have the weight of covers to snuggle under. I don’t sleep well in heat. I like nightclothes. I’ve never liked sleeping in the buff. Some part of me always feels drafty, and I often have to leap out of bed to tend to a chuild. Dear Husband bought me breathe right strips, which I use most often during the winter and allergy season. Hah—he should talk.

2. How much sleep do you need to feel consistently well-rested?  I need 8-9 hours of sleep. Sometimes I need more, like during my period, when I think I could easily sleep  10 to 12 hours.
How much can you get by on? 6 to 7, sorrowfully
What are the consequences when you don't get enough? Very very grim.  At 5 hours or less for several days in a row I become very impatient and irritable and resentful of the smallest task.

3. Night owl or morning person? Night owl, hands down. Much as I’ve come to appreciate the morning out of necessity, and even started going to the gym in the morning during the school year, I always revert to my old habits.
4. Favorite cure for insomnia. I have never, ever experienced true insomnia. Ever. The few times I’ve had trouble sleeping have been the resulf of too much caffeine or excitement about some upcoming event.  Sleep is my friend.
5. To snooze or not to snooze? Why or why not?  Snooze only if there is a full hour available. Anything less makes me feel weird.

8 comments:

  1. You make me laugh! and i love your blog name--hmm, wonder why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to sleep where it is conducive for sleeping like a dark room, aircon on. I sleep with three pillows: 1 for my head, 1 to embrace and 1 for my legs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sleep. Always have. I could get a full 8 hrs and still want a nap in the afternoon if allowed(not often though).If I am allowed to nap, I can sleep on my sofa in front of the T.V. I Sleep on my side, always been a true night owl, but job forces me to bed early due to early morning rises. I'm wanting a nap just talking about this. Happy friday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You sound a lot like my wife.

    I wonder if Jeff is like you or different?

    I'm a morning person. Drives my wife nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, considering that it's 1 a.m. now, I need much more sleep! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1) dark, quite, cool
    2) 5 to 12 hours and depending on what has to be done and I become very forgetful and irritable once I go more than a few days at low sleep.
    3)What are mornings?
    4)a hammer
    5) I can effectively get enough rest in 10 minutes to give me a few hours but just a few hours will not give me 10 mins.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, consider yourself lucky! I've had insomnia on so many nights. I need as least 6 hours, or I'm a zombie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1. Complete darkness for sleeping, any lighting for napping. Cool but not so cold that I have to hog all the covers to keep from shaking. Two pillows for my head, one regular sized, the other small. Pajamas.

    2. Twelve hours in this depressed state. Eight if I wasn't. But I can get by on any amount so as long as I'm doing it. The consequences are scary but I manage.

    3. Night owl.

    4. Milk because too much of it makes me sleepy. I would drink a whole gallon just so I could get some sleep.

    5. Not to snooze on the weekdays. To snooze on the weekends.

    Three years late but I needed to put it out there.

    ReplyDelete