Friday, June 09, 2006

Paste and Serendipity

Some of you may remember that I lamented that someone I know was praying for his son to fail in his career in a rock band.  Well, this weekend I happened to see a copy of Paste in a drug store, and since I had heard so many people talking about it I decided to get a copy. It’s a great issue—the top 100 living songwriters. Well, I was looking through the record reviews when what should I see but a review of this band’s CD?! A three-star review, no less! Not too shabby for a first effort.

So, those of you who subscribe to Paste can have fun trying to figure out which band I mean. Only don’t give the whole name. I bet the dad can’t resist Googling regularly to see what shows up.

12 comments:

  1. Ooh! Which issue? I haven't gotten one for awhile. How very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this a national magazine? sounds interesting --

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is paste? Is it a CD, Magazine, Newspaper? This is the worst I've heard. I can't just imagine a parent praying for a son's failure. No matter what his career may be, he still can praise the Lord in his own way. They have to remember that God is everywhere, listens to everything you say in any language, dialect, or in any kind of song you sing.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose I should feel bad about the thwarting of that father's "prayer". I'm thinking.

    Nope. I don't feel bad. Good for that kid. Maybe, just maybe, if he keeps at it and is successful and is happy in his life, maybe, just maybe that poor father will be able to thank God for his son.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Katherine: It's the June/July issue. Definitely worth a look. I was so pleased that Morrissey made the list of 100 best living songwriters.

    J. and Friday: It's a national music magazine. It's editorial offices are in Atlanta. Although it is not a Christian magazine, it is run by Christians who are interested in culture and spirituality.

    Lorraine: I think it's a problem when a child is very creative if it isn't part of the family history. Christian or not, I think a creative person kind of blows the status quo to bits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's more important to pray for God's will than parents' or children's desires.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I love paste magazine. Anyone who gets a good ranking there is bound for good stuff...sorry Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah- I feel sad for the parent....and if they've made it to Paste....and received 3 stars....it's a very good, positive thing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. me too, no clue here but good for the son and his band!

    ReplyDelete