It's not Friday, but it's always the right time to talk about ice cream.
1. Ice cream: for warm weather only or a year-round food? Year-round, any time. It's never too cold in Georgia for ice cream.
2. Favorite flavor(s). Mint chocolate chip, peppermint, coffee (Starbuck Java Chip--mmmm), and anything with caramel or nuts. I don't much like chocolate ice cream, but I like chocolate in ice cream. At ice cream shops, I don't go for elaborate mix-ins (And I still haven't figured out why anyone would put Twizzlers in their ice cream--don't they get hard enought to break your teeth?).
3. Cake cone, sugar cone, waffle cone, cup? I like cake cones. They hold up well. Waffle cones are good, but are usually so enormous and crumbly.
4. Childhood ice-cream memory. Orange push-up pops from the local convenience store. The cardboard cylindar would start to get soggy and mushy near the end. I also loved ice cream bars. I ate the chocolate shell first and then the vanilla ice cream. And I have fond memories of my dad taking me to Dairy Queen for butterscotch sundaes. I liked butterscotch better than chocolate.
5. Banana splits: discuss. Blech. I am not a fan of bananas because I don't like their texture. I think they are really weird eaten with ice cream, kind of slimy, and then those little stringy bits come off. Ick.
Because Dear Husband is somewhat lactose intolerant, we've experimented with soy ice cream. Nasty. If anyone has ever had one that didn't taste like, well, soy, let me know. He has to make do with Breyer's Lactose Free, which comes in vanilla only .