- Crazier than a blind dog in a meat house.
- You can’t get blood from a turnip.
- You have the [family name] temper.
- He doesn’t know his a** from a hole in the ground.
- You can’t make a silk purse out of sow’s ear.
- He’s got no more sense than a jackrabbit.
- Runnin’ round like a chicken with its head cut off.
- Give your momma (or daddy) some sugar.
- I’m plumb tuckered out.
- She was having a hissie fit.
- I think you’re gettin’ too big for your britches.
- Don’t you get sassy with me, missy.
- I haven’t seen him in a coon’s age.
- Crazier than a bessy bug.
- Butter wouldn’t melt in her mouth.
- I don’t know him from Adam.
- Stop all that caterwaulin’.
- Lordy mercy (an all purpose phrase to express fatigue, surprise, dismay, and so on)
And the one that made me hoppin’ mad:
Intelligent people are never bored.