Friday, May 29, 2009
1. It’s easier to write dark than light. It is my gift to bring the dead to life.
2. I will take possession of all I see, love and grief and hope and art.
3. What you have I want. Your peace, sitting quietly with your heart.
4. The Furies, my pets, they howl and tear and spit you out bone by bone.
5. A slow weight, a heavy eye. Time slips through me and is gone.
6. I am so hungry and yet I barely taste. I have cleared the feast and guzzled the wine.
7. Now come here; let me rip the thoughts from your mind.