Sunday, April 23, 2006

DramaQueen Speaks Her Mind

Today Dear Husband was looking over his anataomy and physiology textbook, and because DramaQueen was sitting next to him, he started showing her parts of the body: "Here's the heart, and these are the kidneys." She showed a mild interest, asking what some organs were. Then Dear Husband turned the page to the reproductive organs. "These are the ovaries. Do you know what they do?" Then followed a very basic description of eggs and sperm meeting to make babies.

DramaQueen looked out at us with an odd expression on her face and stated calmly, "I think I've heard enough."

10 comments:

  1. i can't wait to have that conversation with the princess kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny...I'm 45, and that's my reaction every year when I go in for my annual.

    ReplyDelete
  3. she's one smart girl... haha... =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Child knew about "eggs and seeds" for years and then, around 8, wondered how they actually got together. At the end of the (very brief and to the point) answer she got really quiet and then said, "Well, that's just gross".

    ReplyDelete
  5. My birds and bees diagram seems very archaic now.

    ReplyDelete