Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Gord's 5 Meme

10 years ago: Had just moved to Phoenix, AZ, with my first husband, The Academic, and started a job with a small publisher at ASU.

5 years ago: Had just married my second husband, Dear Husband, and was preparing for the birth of Child 1 (probably very ill with morning sickness around now).

1 year ago: Had moved to Georgia in the spring. Husband diagnosed with weird, chronic illness and had to downgrade job. We were struggling financially and it looked scary going into the Christmas season.


5 yummy things


  1. Crème brulee / flan / anything custardy
  2. Pecan pie
  3. Pizza
  4. Thai food
  5. CHOCOLATE

5 songs I know by heart


  1. The Wheels on the Bus
  2. Twinkle Twinkle Little Star
  3. I Gave My Love a Cherry
  4. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer
  5. Jingle Bells

5 things I would do with a lot of money


  1. Pay off my student loan
  2. Buy a house
  3. Give to Oxfam
  4. Enroll the kids in a bunch of classe
  5. Travel

5 things I would never wear


  1. A mumu
  2. A bikini
  3. A facelift
  4. Frosted highlights
  5. Gingham

5 favourite tv shows


  1. House MD
  2. Monk
  3. CSI: Miami
  4. Without a Trace
  5. Naturally, Sadie (yeah, I know it’s a kid’s show, but I like her)

5 things I enjoy doing


  1. Reading
  2. Taking the girls to the library
  3. Dates with Dear Husband (so rare, unfortunately)
  4. Sleeping
  5. Sleeping some more

11 comments:

  1. Hmmm, does anyone know why my numbered lists end up with little flowers instead of numbers, even though I'm using the numbered list feature in blogger?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey,

    I would use .doc and then publish to make sure the characters you want stay the same. I like your list, except I wasn't the first but the second but nontheless, I love you for then anything. Also, maybe one day, keep praying I win the lottery or die so you can have some of your wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff, Oh, please, I'm not going pray for you to die. Ugh! I didn't think of the lists as prioritizing the items from best to least, so it doesn't matter that you're second. I love you more than anything, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just want you to know that you and DH are in my prayers...I don't know why people are handed the rows to hoe that they are but I always admire the folks who take on their challenges with humor and grace. A list of things you love (in no particular order) just demonstrates your ability to focus on the positive even in dark times; we all need to do that sort of "taking stock" every once in a while. You go, girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bestest Thai in the area is within two miles of my house. Seriously. And no one is ever there. One day.... we could eat together. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved it that you enjoy going on dates with DH and taking kids to the library

    mmm I love Thai too- can I join you guys???

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for your kind comments on my blog.

    Well... I'm going to take up the sword (Eph. 6:17). Pray for me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's the template. The bullets become the flowers on the sides of the page.

    ReplyDelete