Friday, December 06, 2013

F**k This

Here’s how it is. Today I stood up and looked out the window and my heart sank. I can’t think of a better way to say it. The doors closed and the lights went out.  I look at the weekend and it seems like an infinite series of steps that I just can’t walk. So I’ll have to push myself and fuck I don’t want to.


I wonder if recovered drug addicts, the ones who shoot up, have a hypersensitive awareness along their old injection sites. My left arm remembers being cut. Whenever I sink to a certain depth, I become oh so aware of that inner forearm, and I feel the pull of pure craving. I wouldn’t, I don’t, never gain, but the temptation is always there. Because, damnit, it was cathartic, both punishment and release. And surprisingly little pain. The pain came after and I deserved it and treasured it. Sure I had to hide the evidence with long sleeves, but I’m used to hiding. When have I ever not hidden? When do I not self-censor, pretend, retreat?

So this is me not self-censoring this small section of my life. If I were ever into S&M, it would involve knives and razors and blood. And all the self-loathing and tumult and unbearable tangle of god knows what would be excised, at least for a while.

4 comments:

  1. virtual hugs! sorry you are experiencing the darkness…hoping for some light to break through soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations guys, quality information you have given!!! Advice by Valiant Hospitality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone close to me was there once. Good on you not self-censoring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Someone close to me was there once. Good on you not self-censoring.

    ReplyDelete