Friday, December 10, 2010

reverb10: Wisdom

Prompt: Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out? via reverb10


I have a bad habit. I tend to let decisions get made rather than make decisions. I hesitate between alternatives. I do research. I falter. Time makes the decision by default, and it seems so much more clear-cut that way.

This haphazard approach means that I often don’t remember decisions, because they evaporate. Of course I make all sorts of decisions on a daily basis. Usually I decide to read rather than do the laundry – that sort of thing. Sometimes the decision to wake up feels monumental. All these little daily decisions nibble at my brain, and I’m quite exhausted.

So I can’t point to any particularly wise decision I made this year. These prompts are beginning to make me feel inadequate.

4 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say about this post, any encouraging words seem trite. I'm glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too often I let decisions come about in the same way--not paying attention and then one is made. I'm sorry you do that, too. I think daily meditation is helping me with this aspect of myself though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do the same thing. I figure that way I don't have to blame myself for making a bad decision...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm guilty of doing the same thing myself! And while I am late doing my prompts, I am still trying to think of a wide decision I made last year!

    ReplyDelete