Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A Partial Accounting of My Life

1. The toilet sprang a leak.
2. One shower is leaking through the grab bar into the garage.
3. I don't know anything about plants and I have a half acre of land.
4. The switch has tripped and I feel like I'm dragging around.
5. I need to find a new psychiatrist to manage my medications.
6. My medications aren't cutting it.
7. I love the sunlight in the kitchen and the view from our windows.
8. What do brown recluse spiders look like, anyway?
9. What are all these odd little beetles that cling to my front door at night?
10. I have to recaulk the tub.
11. The plumber told us that was a waste of time and we should just pull of the tiles, bleach everything and redo the tiles.
12. I am not that handy.
13. Did I mention that my medications aren't cutting it?
14. Firecracker can't get to sleep and she wakes me up several times during the night.
15. I need a haircut.
16. I hate cooking.
17. I like being fed.
18. I have watched more Spongebob Squarepants than I ever thought possible.
19. I would be happy if I never saw Hannah Montana again. Or the Jonas Brothers.
20. I love my Mat Kearney CD.
21. Dear Husband surprises me with his enthusiastic embrace of home improvement.
22. Dear Husband is getting sick.
22. Oh, and my medications aren't cutting it.

5 comments:

  1. It gets better. I remember my first month in this house. Oy.

    And Spongebob isn't THAT bad. It could be Barney (shudder.)

    Thinking about you and praying for you and your family every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there Sis.

    Said a little prayer for you...

    (My meds aren't cutting it either.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. #8: "Stink bugs?"

    Someone told me that about my beetles and I googled it and that's what they were. They've come over from Japan.

    My site's been updated, might be of interest -

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((hugs)))

    I'm glad to see a little glimmer of humor in there.

    Praying for you and yours.

    ReplyDelete