What I’m grateful for:
1. My Dear Husband. He’s my best friend and cheerleader. He does an enormous amount to keep our household running, even while working, going to school, and suffering from sometimes severe pain. He’s thoughtful and tender and has a great sense of humor.
2. DramaQueen and Firecracker. My girls are amazing. How did I live for years thinking I would never want to have children? Raising them is a journey I am glad I didn’t miss.
3. My job and coworkers. I am so lucky to work at a job where the management is understanding of the need to take off time for doctor appointments and family events and unexpected emergencies. My coworkers teach me so much about living a Christian life. They are caring, warm, and joyful.
4. Medicine. We use a lot of it in my household. Our family keeps the local Walgreens in business. All the medicine that Firecracker takes to keep her asthma at bay and her seizures controlled and her thyroid levels functioning. The meds my husband takes to stave off pain and repair his bladder. The meds I take for depression and mood swings. The steroid shot I had yesterday to finally clear my sinuses. I still thank God for the NICU where Firecracker stayed for 2 months after birth. Not that long ago she would have had no chance of surviving. The nurses and doctors who care for these small babies have my highest admiration.
5. Books. Books are among my greatest pleasures. Bookstores and libraries are among my favorite places.What I’m grateful for: